Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Scoliosis

So apparently I have had scoliosis for my whole life and and am now just finding out that I have it. I went to my doctor a little while ago and she took X-rays and I have pretty bad case, lovely huh. I guess it explains why my back hurts all the time. I asked her if cracking my back was ok and she said, well it gives you temporary relief, but can eventually make it worse. So I guess the cracking of my back 20 times a day should probably stop. Anyway so I was told that I needed to start physical therapy. So today was my first day of physical therapy, and man it's not fun! I guess they say what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger. It doesn't help that I have the S curve scoliosis and it's caused my neck to be all messed up too. So I am supposed to go to PT 3 times a week, but I work full time and could only fit in 2 days next week bummer! Anyway thats what's going on with me wish me luck!

2 comments:

Kelli said...

My goodness girl! What else is there for you to have?! I suppose in another year we'll discover you have leprousy or something!

jamie said...

My friend Ciara made it for me...fun huh? I have no idea how to do it myself though. So.....scoliosis huh? That sucks! I sometimes think I have it too...what are they doing at PT, back exercises? Good luck!