Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Long time gone

So nothing new has really been going on with Jason and I we are just trying to get him graduated, find a place to live in Wisconsin, and that really sums up our time. This was something exciting we both got strep throat again not as bad as last time, so that was a bonus! 

I have recently been thinking about all the talk about the economic recession that we are in, and have had friends lose jobs, and seen families suffering due to this. It makes me grateful for the small things, like that I have food to eat everyday, and that I have a house to come home to after work. There are so many other things I am grateful for, but most of all that I have family and friends who are so eager and willing to help out no matter what there circumstances are. Those are the things that I am most grateful for. Seeing people help each other in times of need, when they by no means have the money to help. I guess that's what it's about or not about, money, it's really about LOVE and being there for each other, and lifting each others burdens. I think of what the pioneers went through and I think I could never do what they did. But I think that we can love and help where ever we are needed. And for that I am grateful, that I have been taught to love and serve. Thanks MOM and DAD, I LOVE YOU!
Jason and I are doing just fine. But I have just had a full heart recently hearing about friends who have lost jobs, and had no idea it was coming. I am grateful for the things I have been taught, and that I have strong testimony of the church, sometimes I wonder if I could get through the trials in life not being a member of the church, and the answer is I most certainly could not, the church is my foundation and without the knowledge that I have I would be miserable! I am grateful for Jason, and the strength he brings into our home and the support he shows and for our families. I have learned so many great lessons from my mom, and she has taught me to love everyone no matter what. My dad has taught me to strive to be better and do the best I can. My sister is my rock, I hope that someday I will be able to give something back to her, for all the lessons and things I have learned from her! I am so grateful for each and everyone of my family members. I have alot more to learn in this life and I hope that I will be able to do what the Lord has in store for me and that I can be an instrument in His hands! I love you! 
Sorry this post turned into something totally different than what I was planning on.

2 comments:

The Pyper Fam said...

Oh, that was so sweet, I loved this post! I feel the same way! Love you! We can't wait to see you guys!

Ann Marie said...

Kayla!! You are so amazing!! You're right! The Gospel of Jesus Christ is our firm foundation, I like you, would certainly be totally lost in this life without it!! I'm glad you and Jason are doing great!! I miss you and Love you!!